Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mais uma semana na Costa!



Hey everybody!  Not too much to say this week other than I hit my year mark!  I spent the day with Elder Pitcher on a division and we partyed hard.  And by partied hard I mean our investigator bought marijuana while we were teaching him.... It was great haha.  BUt no we had a good division and got some good work done on my 1 year mark as well as burning the shirt and getting some ice cream:) We also marked a young man named flavio for baprtism this sunday so we are going to pray and have faith that he will make  it to the Sunday and be baptised! I also want to give out a big CONGRATS to Cami and Carson who hit the big 1.2. this week as well!  How awesome just think you next birthday I will be able to eat the cake with you!! 

This week we also had a special conference with Elder Bednar this weekend and he gave a great talk on a subject he really likes to speak on which is the enabling power of the atonement!  It was great and really powerful.  A line he said that I remember was that "if we feel that the requirements given by God are to overwhelming or impossible to live up too it is because we are trying to do it alone.
He proceeded to speak on the enabling power and it hit me pretty good that if the stresses of the mission become to seem unbearable and impossible I need to include the Savior more in my thoughts and pray more fervently and humble myself and repent realizing that I can't be successful on my own efforts.  I think the same is true for many in of us in our lifes.  So if you find yourself right now feeling overburdened and opressed I just invite you to heed the advice of Mathew 11
 COME UNTO ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I love you all a ton and hope you have a great week!:)
Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment