Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Finally back in Costa (March 23rd)

Hello once more everyone! Well I finally after a full week made it back to my actual area of Costa de Caparica.  It has been a little rough trying to get the area back up and going but ya know that is the part that helps you grow is the pain and hardship!  We are doing just fine though and we had a good week bringing investigators and less actives to church!  

I love training it is so awesome!  We have already had some good typical missionary experiences including having the door slammed in our face by an atheist, getting threated in the street by crazy old men, and little black children trying to steal from Elder Benett.  Haha brings a smile to my face:) Also I had a little fun when we were offered tea (the kind here that really isn't against the word of wisdom) and obvioulsy E. Bennett wasn't understanding anything but I turned to him and said in english "Well she is making us tea"  EB gave me a weird look and then she brought us the tea and I just said "just drink it man"  So being the greenie that he is followed me as I drank the tea as well and I wondered what EB must be thinking.  After we left the house we waked for a few meters in silence and then he turns to me and says.... "Why did we just drink tea?" haha it made me laugh and then I explained to him about everyrthing. Haha It brings back the memories of me when I came into the field, scared out of my pants and I had no idea what anyone was saying around me, nor did I know how to share to gospel, no to mention lots of walking!  Elder Bennett is a really good sport though.  He is from Gilbert Arizona, and Graduated high school a year after I did.  Really cool and fun kid for sure!  But yeah it is going to be great to take the fear out of him as fast as we can.  

Training has really made me think about how much I have truly grown and changed.  I am glad to say I am very different than when I came,  I feel that is the way it should be.  That is what the Atonement does, it changes.  And it only changes us if we let it by yielding ourselves to the enticings of the Holy Spirit like we are taught in Mosiah.  I am gaining so much  more doctrinal knowledge here on the mission with things that are so simple that sometimes I question if I actually knew anything before I came out on a mission.  Haha I still am no where near where I would like to be but I hope I am on the right track.  The Atonement truly gives us the power to become perfect.  Keep in your minds throughout your scripture study and especiallt prayer small things that the Savior would do if He was in your shoes that maybe you aren't or ought to be doing.  Take these things one at a time and make it a matter of Prayer pleading that you will have Heaven's help as your strive to be changed through faith on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I love you all so much and wish you all the best week with much health and happiness.  I will keep you all in my prayers especially those you have asked specifically will go in by name:)  Thank you so much!! 
LOve 
Elder Eldredge  


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment