Sunday, March 20, 2016

Great week! :)

Hey friends and family!  I was reading in a book this week called "drawing on the powers of heaven" I recommend it to anyone who needs more success in achieving their goals.  But anywho, I read a quote in that book from David O. Mckay that led me to some good self reflection.  He said "I will tell you what you are if you tell me what you think about when you don't have to think."  This quote really helped me to watch my thoughts always.  It is a big temptation for all missionaries in their last weeks to think about home and what they are going to do when they get back. All of these things distract them from the task still at hand.  I am trying my best now to focus my thoughts even in moments when it doesn't seem necessay like laying in bed at night or during lunch.  Our mission Presidente gave us all a challenge at our last leadership council to each dupla to baptize 2 people.  I have been really praying and working hard so that I can achieve that goal and a lot of that will depend on this week!  I only have three weeks left here and I am getting nervous because I feel like I haven't done enough and I have so little time to leave my mark, but during my final testimony in that coucil I promised my President that as long as I have this plaque on my chest I will do all in my power to fulfill my purpose with out being lazy or slothful, and doing this regardless of the end result I will have peace that I gave it what I got.
This week we were able to bring 9 investigators to church... the higest amount I have ever brought to church on my mission!  it was a great blessing! We brought a part member family that has a ton of great potential.  We are gonig to go with faith to help them accept the baptismal invitation, it will be a sweet miracle to see the whole family accept baptism:)  Thank you for your prayers and love and just want to let you all know that you are all in mine as well.  Thank you for the support!:)
with love,
Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment