Monday, February 1, 2016

January 25, 2016

This is me and Elder Archibald

This is a super nice member named Maria de Jesus
She made us a really good lunch

Hey there!  Well this week flew by I feel like I was just here writing to you all yesterday!  It is how they say, slow days, fast weeks!  But anywho this week was a rough one as far as results in the work go.  We weren't able to teach as many lessons as we would have liked too nor did we find as many new people.  Something I did see better this week though was my faith.  I will confess with the past few weeks I have been going through some trials and dificulties that I haven't gone through yet before on the mission.  During this time really without me realizing it I had kind of lost a bit of faith.  Faith that we could find prepared people, faith that the people we found would progress and accept and keep committments.  But this week I saw a scripture be fulfilled right before my eyes.  On tuesday I did a division with a new Elder that has been in Portugal for 2 weeks.  Brand new kid reminded me of when I was training again.  His name is Elder Archibald from Pleasant grove Utah!  Anywho on the division we got together and started planning out our day and I asked him about some of his goals.  While he was talking I could feel that greenie fire with in him!  Not only that but I felt in me a desire to be a good example for this young missionary and try harder that day in my work.  We went out with high hopes and burning faith!  It was a great time and we were able to talk to a lot of people and have a really great lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Elder Archibald did his best to talk to people with his broken portuguese, but he didn't let that stop him, he kept going, contact after contact, rejection after rejection.  Now this story doesn't end like a typical missionary miracle with someone accepting baptism or meeting someone that has been praying for us to come to their door, but it does end with a miracle.  The faith that I saw in that new missionary touched my heart.  It inspired me.  It strengthened me.  My whole week was changed and blessed, I felt the flame of faith once again burning with in me, the desire to work and share what I know.  We didn't have the best results, it didn't make the week easier, but it did make a difference in me.
   "D&C 135:59 And by the weak things of the earth the Lord shall thresh the nations by the power of his Spirit."
I was definitely strenghtened this week it was a very humbling and sweet experience.  I still feel that faith and know it is growing by day.  It is so easy to loose faith even without noticing but I am thankful to Heavenly Father for the way that He humbled me through what some might call a "weak thing".  I love my Saviour and I love my mission, I am learning so much about faith.

I love you all!

Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment