Monday, February 2, 2015

Transferred to Costa de Caparica

Hey family how is everyone?  

Well that time has come and as many of you already know I have been transfered of to a place called Costa de Caparica!  It is gorgeous...  well right now not so much seeing as it is raining like crazy but other than that I hope I can see the summer here!  MY new companion´s name is Elder Schroeder and he is from Ogden Utah and will be going home after this transfer.  
It was a really rough night last night as I past the houses of Luisa and Beartriz and had a little last hurrah with their families.  The feelings were sad but the spirit was sweet as the tears fell as we sang their favorite hymn Nearer my god to thee.  I will never forget those two families, they truly do become a part of you and it made me super happy that the son of Luisa, pedro (who before claimed he had no belief nor wanted to know) told me that he had started praying and he is noticing how it ischagning.  It made me super happy, he is 17 and it would be awesome to hear here in a year or two that he was baptized and preparing for a mission!  One thing is for sure is that I left off on a great note.  We had 8 investigators in church and 2 less actives which made me really happy seeing as we have had a lot of rough weeks with few or no investigators there.  The hard work pays off.  I love those people in Póvoa de Varzim  and they all will have a special plave in my heart forever.  Man I will miss all of them.  
Anywho to let you all know unfortuantely Thomas was not baptized on Saturday, after the interview he had we found out that he had smoked quite a bit on the day of the interview after a day of restraining completely.  He didn´t loose faith or hope though and I hope to recieve some pictures from Elder Ricci of his baptism here in a few!
I love missionary work, it may be at times the hardest thing ever and that there is no hope that we can't keep going, but i can assure you that the Savior also felt those same feelings as he suffered the pains of us all.  He did not want to do it as show when he cried out "remove this cup from me" but he didn't act on things that he wanted to do, only the things that were necessary and the will of the Father "not my will, but thine be done".  I love the Savior and I know he loves me and you very much.  We can endure trials with a smile becuase of his atonement and come out of the "refiners fire" stronger and more purified.  
I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week!:)

Love Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment