Monday, February 9, 2015

Whatever you do, do it well



Hey there everyone!  Well this week has been fine, not too much new to report, just trying to get used to this new area with all the new investigators and members and such.  I am on the other side of the river from Lisbon right next to the beach so if you look at a map it should be pretty easy to find out where I am at:)  Anywho it is interesting to see the differences here in the south from the north of portugal.  Alot more africans that is for sure!  I think evey sinlge lesson we taught this week was to african families.  Nothing wrong with that at all, I actually really like them and I like to think of them as my soul brothers but just different:)  We have two little neighborhoods here that are like mini africas I will send pictures if I can, but yeah it is pretty insane just these little 3rd world lands on the outskirts of the city!  A pretty cool experience!  
 
Still throughout this week it has been hard adjusting to the new area and companion, it is crazy how attached and how much love you can develop for other people as a missionary.  But my hope is that I can leave this area as well with the same feelings beacuse that means that my heart was in the work and that is what counts and what the Lord wants.

Whatever you do do it well, I think Abe Lincoln said that or something close but I am feeling the truthfulness of that.  If you are doing something put your heart into it, whether it be school or work really do it with heart and you will come out feeling satisfied and accomplished.  Especially in the case of callings from God.  When we magnify our callings we allow the Lord to mold us into the Gods and godesses he wants us to become.  But when we choose not too cause we are tired or think we have more important things to do we shut the windows of heaven and God cannot work His miracles in your life.  Strive to be obedient every day a little better:)

Anywho not too much to report but just keep sending me your prayers, a little help never does bad:)  I am so grateful for this opportunity I have and I feel more blessing coming into my life and the life of my family than I ever could have imagined.  If there is anyone out there that is questioning a mission, just go.  

I love you all so very much and I will just end up here with a big SHOUTOUT to my dear cousin Anna that will be leaving in April to serve the Lord for a year and a half in Gilbert Arizona... YOU ROCK ANNA!!!!  And also to my other cousin that has always been a great example and help for me Alexis that just ended her mission this last week.  Thank you for all that you have done for me Lexis:)

Com muito amor e carinho,
Elder Eldredge:)

No comments:

Post a Comment