Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tests and trials come not to weaken, but to strengthen


Hey everybody! It has been one more week in the vineyard of the Lord
and we are ready to tackle down one more transfer! This week went by
really fast and I tried to think of an experience that I had this week
that I could share. I honestly didn't have any giant happening or
crazy story unfortunately this week other than a drunk old man that
was beating the tar out of a road sign, pretty funny acutally Elder
bennett got some on video, but other than that I couldn't think of
anything special. Just some feelings that I have had througout this
week.
Lately we have been trying to find new potential here in the area and
haven't been really finding too much. And it was a little hard, and I
kind of found myself in that stage of like half-sulking half trying to
be posistive something like that and when we got to the end of the
week none of our 5 firmly committed investigators showed up for
church. So I was left with a lot of contemplation and paryer. As I
have prayed and read the scriptures and during church I really was
touched by the Spirit. I felt the power of the Spirit that inspires a
person to cease to do evil and do good continually. I realized that i
had some things that I needed to correct in my behavior some little
things that I had been slipping up on during the week that may have
been impeding me from accessing the full potencial of the power of my
calling. It is hard for me to write into words what I felt in church
other than some power of motivation to be better that seemed to come
out of nowhere and gave me the drive to correct my slips and stumbles
this next week. I know that this is the role of the Spirit to correct
our wrongs and to inspire us to do good. Something I have noticed on
my mission is that when someONE tells me that I need to be better or
get on my back for not doing something, I have a harder time accepting
it especially if I can't feel that that person is doing it because
they want to help me. But when I can feel that correction accompanied
by the power of the Spirit that is when I have those drives to make
changes because change is not easy.
We need to be constantly puting ourselves in holy places and do things
that invite the Spirit into our lives so that it can inspire us to
change and become better. I have already felt the happiness and joy
that is coming from listening to those silent promptings and I know
that it will be the same for all of you as you too pray to know what
he would have you do. He will give you the strength and desire you
need to make changes, and he can do that because of the atonement. I
love Elder Bednars talks about the enabling power of the atonement and
grace. I noticed this little manifestation of this power yesterday
within me and I hope that you all can too.
I am not sure why I wasn't quite able to put all my feelings into
words this week but keep praying for us we need it!:)

OH also some good news we talked with Flavio again yesterday and he
again agreed to a baptismal date of the 17, now the next step is
talking to his father to let him and also invite him to know that
these things are true as well! I love you all so much and keep going
about doing good! Serve your neighbors right your wrongs and keep
smiling always things get better, tests and trials come not to weaken
but to strengthen build and help you develip chirstlike attributes,
that is what I am learning.
I lvove you all and wish you all a great week!

Love Elder Eldredge



No comments:

Post a Comment