Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mother's Day email

Hey there again everyone! I hope all of the moms out there had a
great day yesterday and you all felt really special! Mom's are super
amazing, we wouldn't have the wonderful example and famous story of
the stripling warriors had it not been for the example of their
mothers and the things they taught them. I can honestly say that a
very large part of the things I believe and the person that I am is
all because of my mom:) She is truly amazing, the example that she is
to me has had more influence on my life than I think she knows. I am
so grateful that I was blessed by my heavenly father with a mom that
is a true example of Christ in word and in deed, ALWAYS. She is one
of the biggest examples of true chirstlike love that I know of and it
is something that I hope to be one day:) Also I just want to say I
know my mom is her amazing self because of her Mom:) Grandma!!!!
Grandma I love you soooooo much and thank you for passing on your
Christlike attitude to my mom, I will be forever grateful for both of
you moms you guys are amazing and have done a very good job at raising
good families. THANK YOU!!!

So yeah this week I feel went a lot better than the last. The funny
thing is that our results weren't insanely better but just the overall
way I felt at the end was a lot more peaceful and satisfying. I know
exactly why too. This week Elder Bennett and I talked and decided
that we need to change a few little habits and behaviors. Or in other

words we decided that if we really wanted something to change WE
needed to change. As we corrected this truly small and seemingly
insignifcant things we started to notice a new power come into our
work which was obviously and increased power of the Holy Ghost that
was missing before. We had to make a few sacricfices but really as we
did this I felt the power of the atonement enabling me and cleansing
me. giving me more strength to work a little harder, giving me the
Spirit to teach more personally and powerfully to speak to peoples
hearts instead of just their ears. I truly felt the power of the
atonement working within me. I felt the power of the scripture in
matthew that says "come unto me all ye that are burdened and heavy
laden and I will give you rest" I had to sacrifice a few things that I
liked to truly come unto Christ but I will say to all of you that
those little sacrifices are nothing compared to what I am feeling in

return. His love is real. His power is real. I felt it every day
this week as was repenting and sacrificing to come closer to Him. I
felt his smile of approval especially when things got hard. I testify
to all of you that He is there. He is there to help you get back up
when you fall and to strengthen you when you are weak. That is what
the atonement is and I am learning that on a very personal level
lately.
Friends and family I hope you all have felt this power in your lives
and I invite you to seek and feel it again. Find the little things in
your character that may seem insignificant and too small to actually
matter and find ways to correct them so that you can be more worthy of
his presence in your lives. I promise as one of His set apart
servants that as you do this He we make you into the person He wants

you to be, and you will enjoy the happiness and blessings that He
wants you to enjoy but can't because of stubborness, justification,
pride or a whole host of other things. You will have his approval,
there is nothing that makes our Father in Heaven happier than when we
repent, that is what brings his smile upon us.
Just a litte spiritual thought for you on the things I am feeling and learning

This week we were able to see Flavio come to church and hoping to be
able to talk to his father again so he can get baptized next sunday.
Also a couple Luis and Neosa came to church. they are really cool. It
has been great to see how the application of the gospel really works

in the life of antoher. When I first met luis he was a drunk and a
hardcore drug dealer. Over a a period of a few months and on a off
teaching he has realized his wrongs and is really paying a lot more
attention to us and applying the stonement through reptenance, he
completely quit drinking and smoking and now is a lot happier and his
house has been blessed with many things. He also left behind the
drugs and switched to selling soccer tickets (much better) :) Now we
just need to help them get married and then we will baptize them!
They are really cool and another testimny builder agian to me that the
only things that brings true happiness is living the gospel of
Christ:)
I don't have too much else I will try and write down some stories
throughout the week to send next time but just know that I love you
all miss you and I hope you all have a wonderful week full of peace
and happiness!
COm muito amor,
Elder Eldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment